Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Review: Slayer by Kiersten White

Title: Slayer
Author: Kiersten White
Narrator:
Page Count:
Audio Length: 11hr 59min
Rating: 4/5
Synopsis (Found on Goodreads):
Into every generation a Slayer is born…

Nina and her twin sister, Artemis, are far from normal. It’s hard to be when you grow up
 at the Watcher’s Academy, which is a bit different from your average boarding school. 
Here teens are trained as guides for Slayers—girls gifted with supernatural strength to 
fight the forces of darkness.


Thoughts:
I grew up watching Angel not Buffy but the good news is this series isn`t just for
die-hard Buffy fans. Nina hates Slayers and all they represent. What happens
when the person who has been pushed aside all their life becomes Chosen?
Kiersten does an amazing job at answering this main question as well as others
that pop up.
Watchers, Slayers and the end of the World.

I am super excited to add that I was able to attend a signing for book
two Chosen.
So here is a little bit of my experience while there.

Prior to the signing, I was invited to a little pizza meet and greet. I was so nervous
leading up to the event mostly due to not knowing who all was attending. The anxiety
quickly disappeared as I was greeted by a room full of fellow bookworms. My brain did
take a little time to process that I was sitting across from Kiersten, next to Katy Rose
Pool and chatting about “chicken”dessert pizza with Kayln. The environment was
welcoming and relaxed. There wasn't any worry about only talking books. It was nice
to sit and chat about life and upcoming projects.

Overall the first event of 2020 started off awesome. I`m looking forward to my next drive
down in February.

TTFN,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment