Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Review: Where Dreams Descend by Janella Angeles

 Title: Where Dreams Descend

Author: Janella Angeles

Page Count:

Rating:

Thank you Edelweiss+ and Wednesday Books for the review copy. This in no way reflects my opinion.

Synopsis (Found on Goodreads):

In a city covered in ice and ruin, a group of magicians face off in a daring game of magical feats to find the next headliner of the Conquering Circus, only to find themselves under the threat of an unseen danger striking behind the scenes.

Thoughts:

I DNFed at 23% which is really unfortunate because this was one of my most anticipated novels of 2020. I think i need to step away from reading books that are compared to things I like. Be it books or movies because why don't seem to live up to the hype sadly.

The characters felt very plain but maybe later in the novel they develop nicely. I was excited for more diversity of characters but with the juvenile antics I just wasn't feeling it.

Some of the writing is very lyrical but in the long run I dont think this mash-up Moulin Rouge, Phantom of the Opera was for me. 

Who knows I might be missing gout on something if I stick with it but for now I'm setting it aside and picking up something new. 


TTFN,

Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment