Saturday, November 14, 2020

Review: Skyhunter

 Title: Skyhnunter

Author: Marie Lu

Narrator: Natalie Naudus

Page Count: 371

Audio Length: 11hr 58min

Rating: 4.5/5

Thank you Edweiss+ for the chance to review this copy prior to release. This in no way influences my opinion of the book.

Synopsis (Found on Goodreads):

The Karensa Federation has conquered a dozen countries, leaving Mara as one of the last free nations in the world. Refugees flee to its borders to escape a fate worse than death—transformation into mutant war beasts known as Ghosts, creatures the Federation then sends to attack Mara.


Thoughts:

Once i was able to sit down and switch to the ebook I couldn't put it down. I love the representation of the sign language community. We need more books in the YA world that uses Sign Language. Each character is unique and I look forward to more of their stories.

Senators seem to be those preppy rich kids that I`ve grown to truly dislike. Red is an interesting character and I love how he and Talin are connected. The mouse is just a bonus adorable that adds a needed softness to the tragic plot.

The plot is intriguing and I enjoyed how laid out the pacing was. There are lulls in the story that give the carters a true sense of human versus robot warriors fighting for a country. 

Overall I can't wait to see where book two takes us and how each character storyline plays out.


TTFN,

Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment