Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Review: To Kill a Kingdom

To Kill a Kingdom
Author: Alexandra Christo
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends (Macmillan)
Published On: 3/6/18
Rating: 4.5/5
Synopsis: (Found on Goodreads)

Princess Lira is a siren that is not to be messed with. Nicknamed the Prince`s Bane
Lira is punished and turned human in order to steal the Prince of Midas`s heart.
I want to preface all of of this with I am not a huge mermaid book type fan.
I picked this up based on some reviews I saw over on Instagram. At first I thought
the book was going to be way to similar to The Little Mermaid. The Sea Queen is
an octopus type creature like Ursula, Lira is a fiery redhead. Prince Elian is a
handsome man with a sense of adventure. After getting about 20% into the book
I was hooked. Mermaids may not be my thing but Sirens for sure are.

Although there are similar things to TLM in this book I feel like the build up
and overall plot was a thousand times better. Lira has the option to serve her
mom faithfully as she has always been forced to do or serve the greater good
of not only her people of the great Sea of Diavolos but of the other hundred
kingdoms (especially Midas)

Lira and Elian`s hatred for each other is strong when she is a siren but
when she is punished by being human Elian does not know her true identity.
Their goals are common enough that they travel together but the rest of
Elian`s crew is untrusting of Lira, knowing there is something off about her.


Overall I enjoyed this novel. Prince Elian and his pirate crew paired with
Lira and her siren viciousness is a force to be reckoned with.

~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment