Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Review: Light Years

Title: Light Years
Author: Kass Morgan
Publisher: Little  Brown Books for Young Readers
Pages: 384
Synopsis:(from GoodReads)
Reeling from the latest attack by a mysterious enemy, the Quatra Fleet Academy is
finally admitting students from every planet in the solar system after centuries of exclusivity.
Hotshot pilot Vesper, an ambitious Tridian citizen, dreams of becoming a captain--but when
she loses her spot to a brilliant, wisecracking boy from the wrong side of the asteroid belt,
it makes her question everything she thought she knew. Growing up on the toxic planet
Deva, Cormak will take any chance he can get to escape his dead-end life and join the
Academy--even if he has to steal someone's identity to do it. Arran was always considered
an outsider on icy Chetire, always dreaming of something more than a life working in
the mines. Now an incoming cadet, Arran is looking for a place to belong.
4/ 5 stars


I really liked this story! I’m starting to get more into Si-Fi type books and they’ve
been wonderful. I loved the different planets and lifestyles portrayed in Light Years.

I also loved the four character point of view too. Vesper and Cormak/ “Rex”  were my
favorite characters because of their banter. I liked Orelia’s change of heart too. Arran
was adorable, a little brainiac :) I also liked the backstories on our main characters
and they fit great together. Kass Morgan’s writing style was great to read, kept you
entertained and wanting to read more. I loved that the four main characters were
from different planets and that their differences actually made them a better team in
the end.


I hope there is a second book at least to continue this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment