Sunday, October 21, 2018

Review:A Very Large Expanse of Sea

Title: A Very Large Expanse of Sea
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Publisher:Harper Teen
Pages:320
Synopsis:(from GoodReads):
It’s 2002, a year after 9/11. It’s an extremely turbulent time politically, but
especially so for someone like Shirin, a sixteen-year-old Muslim girl who’s tired of
being stereotyped.
Rating: 4/ 5

This was the first book I’ve read by Tahereh Mafi and it was very enjoyable. As I am
currently studying fire we talk about 9/11 constantly so this book, though not fire
related peaked my interest. In all honesty people these days suck and stereotyping
is something I see constantly and I loved how Tahereh took a part of her life and
made it into a book people can related to no matter their race, religion or what they
wear. I loved how firey Shirin is and Ocean I love that he doesn’t care what others
think about his relationship with Shirin <3  I look forward to the next time I read a
book written by Tahereh Mafi.

No comments:

Post a Comment