Friday, February 8, 2019

Review: A Sorrow Fierce and Falling by Jessica Cluess

Title: A Sorrow Fierce and Falling
Author: Jessica Cluess
Narrator: Fiona Hardingham
Published On: October 16, 2018
Page Count: 416pgs
Audio Length: 11h 49m
Rating: 4/5
Synopsis (Found on Goodreads):

Spoilers Ahead

After suffering terrible losses, Henrietta and Lord Blackwood have led their warriors to
Sorrow-Fell, a vast estate where only those invited by a Blackwood may enter–and the
ideal place to plan a final assault against the Ancients.

I read A Sorrow Fierce and Falling in audiobook form, while I physically read the first two.
I LOVED the narrator, only to find out that she’s narrated other books that I have heard
snippets of and thought I liked the narrator.

The book itself however fell a little short next to its predecessors for me. I enjoyed it,
but there were somethings that left me a little miffed, such as how
Blackwood and Henrietta’s relationship has evolved into what it is, as well
as the relationship between Magnus and Blackwood. In listening it felt like
parts of the book were rushed and that it may have been better had there been
a few other details added in. I do like how we get to learn more about Maria, and
where she learned how all the herbal medicines. There are a few characters from
previous encounters that make appearances again, which was nice to see how
they help Henrietta in the battle against her father. Henrietta also learns a lot more
about her father and how he ended up the way he did.
Overall A Sorrow Fierce and Falling was a good read but it was not my favorite of
the three books.

Till the next read,
Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment