Sunday, July 14, 2019

Review: Lady Smoke by Laura Sebastian

Title: Lady Smoke
Author: Laura Sebastian
Published On: 2/5/19
Page Count: 512pgs
Rating: 3/5
Synopsis (Found on Goodreads):
The Kaiser murdered Theodosia's mother, the Fire Queen, when Theo was only six.
He took Theo's country and kept her prisoner, crowning her Ash Princess.

Spoliers

I enjoyed this way more than the torture in Ash Princess. Theodosia wasn't
my favorite main characters. I felt like her companions are who really deserved their
stories. Blaze realizing his potential, Sorin realizing how different from his father the
Kaiser he truly is. Finally we have Artemisia being fierce and standing up to her mother
in order to survive her country.

I'll be listening to book three when it releases next year. I do want to see what
happens on the world I just don't have any emotional connection with Theo at all
unfortunately. We shall see though maybe she will become the queen everyone
hopes she will be.

TTFN,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment