Thursday, September 19, 2019

Review: Ransacker

Title: Ransacker
Author: Emmy Laybourne
Published On: 1/29/19
Page Count: 448
Rating: 3.5/5
Synopsis (Found on Goodreads):
Rare powers. Precious metals. Deadly greed.
Sissel Hemstad and her siblings have been living peacefully in a small town in
Montana, trying to blend-in and escape the violent events that haunt them,
but they’ve all been tricked 

Diving back into this world has been amazing. I didn't like Sissel in Berserker but
she grew on me as the main character here. She is still a frustrating girl but if you
were the only member of your family to not be blessed. There is a ton of things that
can be explored even after the end of this novel. I hope to read more of our Norse
children and what their futures hold. 

I did find similarities between this novel and Rae Carson`s Gold Seer Trilogy.
Some aspects of Laybourne`s novel popped out and have stayed with me but I think
because Sissel is the main focal point I didn't enjoy it as much. I`m all about girls
growing into themselves and in a setting such as this I had high hopes. I truly loved
Berserker and I just feel like this one felt short unfortunately. 

TTFN,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment