Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Review: Five Dark Fates

Title: Five Dark Fates
Author: Kendare Blake
Narrator: Amy Landon
Audio Length: 11hr 30min
Rating: 4.5/5
Synopsis: 
In the final audiobook in the number one New York Times best-selling
Three Dark Crowns series, an all-out war is brewing - one that will
pit sister against sister and dead against undead.

Spoilers!!!!!!!!Spoilers!!!!!

What an ending, I was hoping for something but I'm not sure if this is what I wanted.
Kendare did an amazing job don't get me wrong. I felt like there was a perfect build
up. What fell flat was just the pacing for me. There is a huge battle scene that
you read from three or four perspectives and it just felt repetitive.

Five Dark Fates was flat for me and felt sort of out of place. I loved Three Dark Crowns
and One Dark Throne. The last two books seemed to veer of course and struggled
to get back on track. With all that said Arsinoe is still my favorite of the original sisters
and I love how much she grew throughout the entire series.

It's hard when you have so much attachment to a series and when it falls short you
start to lower your rating. I finished this book over 5 months ago and want to give it
a higher rating because it was a unique series that I actually wanted to commit to
and not stop. I listened to this one instead of reading it and I really enjoyed that
narrator and her pacing. This is a series worth finishing no matter who your favorite
sister queen is. 

TTFN,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment