Saturday, March 14, 2020

Review: Castle in the Clouds

Title: A Castle in the Clouds
Author: Kerstin Gier Translated by: Romy Fursland
Narrator: Marisa Calin
Audio Length: 9hr 52min
Rating: 2.5/5
Synopsis (Found on Goodreads):
Way up in the Swiss mountains, there's an old grand hotel steeped in tradition
and faded splendor. Once a year, when the famous New Year's Eve Ball takes place
and guests from all over the world arrive, excitement returns to the vast hallways.

Thoughts:
I adored the narrator and will be looking for more books read by her. I think I was
expecting more than what this turned out to be. Maybe it was the pacing of the story
or something was lost in translation. It took nearly seven hours for true action to
happen and a jewelry heist to begin. The first seven hours was filled with
babysitting, hotel work and some love triangle thing forming.

I did really enjoy the setting and ironically the birds that played a very small
part in the plot. Maybe I will find a hotel adventure story that truly captures my
attention but his one was not it.

TTFN,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment