Saturday, April 18, 2020

Review: Gravemaidens

Title: Gravemaidens
Author: Kelly Coon
Narrator: Bahni Turpin
Audio Length: 12hr 8min
Rating: 3.5/5
Synopsis (Found on Goodreads):
The start of a fierce fantasy duology about three maidens who are chosen
for their land's greatest honor...and one girl determined to save her sister from the grave.

In the walled city-state of Alu, Kammani wants nothing more than to become
the accomplished healer her father used to be before her family was cast out of
their privileged life in shame.

Thoughts:
Little Hunger Games tribute feeling in the beginning and I swear I have read a book
about girls being buried with a dead ruler before. After two hours into the book I
was hooked though. I really enjoyed the dynamic of family and sisterhood. Might
need to set aside fantasy for a while though because I find myself drifting my
attention. 
After the initial drama settled down the ending became clearer and I don`t know
if I`ll be continuing the series. 

TTFN,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment