Sunday, May 6, 2018

Berserker Review

Title: Berserker
Author: Emmy Laybourne
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Pages: 352
Synopsis: (from GoodReads)
Are Hanne's powers a gift from the old Norse gods, or a curse?
Her brother Stieg swears their powers are a gift from the old gods, but Hanne Hemstad knows she is truly cursed. It's not Stieg's fault that their father is dead, their mother has left, and their brother Knut has been accused of a crime he didn't commit.

Rating: 5/ 5 Stars

Ashley handed me this book after she had recently finished it herself and I was bit confused at first. Hanne and her brothers flee Norway to the American Frontier, meet a cowboy, Owen who helps them along in the new country. (I loved Owen and wanted to be his friend) Owen and Hanne have an interesting relationship but I look forward to where book 2 takes them. I like learning about Norse mythology too. Hanne’s family relations are definitely like a normal family ( even if it is just the siblings). I loved the story, the action, the female badass even if she seems to hate what she can do. Book 2 keeps me waiting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment