Sunday, May 13, 2018

Scorpio Races Audiobook Review

Title: The Scorpio Races
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Pages: 409
Audio: 12 hrs 6 mins 45 secs
Synopsis: (from GoodReads)

It happens at the start of every November: the Scorpio Races.
Riders attempt to keep hold of their water horses long enough to make it to the finish line.
Some riders live.
Others die.
At age nineteen, Sean Kendrick is the returning champion.
Puck Connolly is different. She never meant to ride in the Scorpio Races.
But fate hasn’t given her much of a chance.
Rating: 4/ 5 Stars

I absolutely loved this book! This was the first audiobook I listened to and I
was still sucked into my own little world, the narrators were perfect! Since my
siblings and I spend a lot of our time riding, this story suits all three of us.
Puck reminds me so much of my-self it is kind of crazy, She enters the races- a
strictly male race and I am pursuing a male dominated career in Fire Fighting.
Puck is witty and stubborn and loves to take her pony Dove for rides. Then there
is Sean Kendrick and his Cappaill Uishce, Corr. OH MY GOD WHERE CAN
I FIND MY OWN SEAN KENDRICK!! I love Sean’s closed off personality
around all the other characters expect Puck and his horse. Pucks family relations
touch the feels greatly. Puck and Sean’s relationship, the backstories, the race itself,
just all of it is a wonderful read.

~Michaela

For Christmas Ashley got me a letter written from Sean Kendrick.
There is an etsy shop called bookified that takes main characters and
writes personalized letters to people from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment