Friday, May 25, 2018

Review: Legendary

Author: Stephanie Garber
Publisher: Flatiron Books
Published On: 5/29/18
Page Count: 416
Rating:4/5
We received an advanced copy off of Netgalley from the publisher. This does
not effect our opinion of this novel in any way.
Synopsis: (Found on Goodreads)

A heart to protect. A debt to repay. A game to win.

After being swept up in the magical world of Caraval, Donatella Dragna
has finally escaped her father and saved her sister Scarlett from a disastrous a
rranged marriage. The girls should be celebrating, but Tella isn’t yet free.
She made a desperate bargain with a mysterious criminal, and what Tella
owes him no one has ever been able to deliver:
Caraval Master Legend’s true name.

Legendary isn`t a sequel per-say but it does happen directly after the events of Caraval.
The book is told in Tella`s point of view (Scarlet`s younger sister). She must finally pay
the debt she owes from Legendary. That debt is what Legend`s true name is.
This book takes you on a wild adventure through another game of Caraval.

I enjoyed Caraval but not as much as the rest of my family did. Collectively
they gave it 4.5/5 stars. I only gave it 3.5/5. When Legendary came up as a book
I could request I jumped on it knowing my family wanted to do another family read.
We had already pre-ordered our 5 copies to read in June. Since receiving this book
early I opted to read it out loud to them while on car rides.

Over the course of 5 weekends my entire family devoured this book. I enjoyed it so
much more than Caraval. Tella started out annoying (like most younger sisters are)
but learning about her past and everything she was fighting for made her grow so
much in my eyes.

The twists and turns kept me swiping through the pages. I want my own Deck of
Destiny but maybe one not quite as cursed as Tella and her moms. I highly
recommend this for fans f the first book as well as those who enjoyed the mystics of
Tarot reading and changing your own future.

~TTFN
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment