Friday, August 3, 2018

Review: Seafire

Title: Seafire
Author: Natalie C. Parker
Publisher: Razorbill
Pages:384
Synopsis:(from GoodReads)
After her family is killed by corrupt warlord Aric Athair and his bloodthirsty
army of Bullets, Caledonia Styx is left to chart her own course on the dangerous and
deadly seas. She captains her ship, the Mors Navis, with a crew of girls and women
just like her, whose lives have been turned upside down by Aric and his men.
The crew has one misson: stay alive, and take down Aric's armed and armored fleet.

5 out of 5 stars

I picked up this book at BEA and couldn't wait to actually read it. I mean
pirate chicks who hold their own on the open waters, I was immediately intrigued.
I loved this book and am so glad I only have to wait about a year for book 2. It is
going to be so worth it. Now I was really drawn to the fact that the main characters
were an all female crew in this story. As my sisters and I are often that, the three of
us don’t always get along or agree but stand by each other when it comes to getting
things done.  I really liked the relationships between all the girls on the Mors Navis
and that eventually they used that pesky Bullet to assist their crew. I loved that the
girl’s ship appeared to be like your traditional pirate ship with some more modern
upgrades so the could pull off the feats they do in the book. I truly enjoyed Parker’s
writing style as it leaves you guessing what is going to happen next and not want to
stop reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment