Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Review: Spy with the Red Balloon by Katherine Locke

Title: The Spy with the Red Balloon
Author: Katherine Locke
Published On: October 2, 2018
Page Count:362
Rating: 5/5
Synopsis (Found on Goodreads):
Siblings Ilse and Wolf hide a deep secret in their blood: with it, they can work magic.
And the government just found out.Blackmailed into service during World War II,
Ilse lends her magic to America’s newest weapon, the atom bomb, while Wolf goes
behind enemy lines to sabotage Germany’s nuclear program.

I’m a sucker for Germany- Berlin set storylines. I loved The Girl with Red Balloon
and I loved The Spy with the Red Balloon. Katherine has once again caused me fall
into her blood-magic filled world. I really liked getting two different points of view, one
at the heart of the war and one back home.  Ilse is probably my favorite because of her
will to make her ideas known to others around her. I found Wolf very adorable, he’s
quiet yet decisive. I look forward to more in this world and Katherine’s writing.

Happy Reading,

Michaela

No comments:

Post a Comment