Sunday, June 23, 2019

Review: Bridge of Clay by Markus Zusak

Title: Bridge of Clay
Author: Markus Zusak
Narrator: Markus Zusak
Published On: 10/9/18
Audio Length: 14hr 44min
Rating: 2/5
Synopsis (Found on Goodreads):
The breathtaking story of five brothers who bring each other up in a world run by
their own rules. As the Dunbar boys love and fight and learn to reckon with the
adult world, they discover the moving secret behind their father's disappearance.

I would like to share the length of time it took for me to finish this book.
10/22/18-2/1/19
Yes that would be 3 months and roughly 10 days. No I wasn`t listening every
day but this was the book that made me not want to audio every time i got in
my car. After seeing that Fox and Wit was doing their reading challenge and one
of the prompts was “Book about Siblings” I knew I needed to bust out the last
5hrs of this books.

I first thought it was the narrators voice that i wasn`t vibing with
(just a heads up its narrated by the author). In reality though I think it
was just the novel itself. The Book Thief was one of my favorite books
in high school so I was excited to pick this one up. That excitement was
quickly squashed.

Maybe I missed something and its truly something I don`t understand about the
novel. It just felt long and drawn out. We get Michael and Penny`s story, then there
is boxing/fighting and ‘Ends with some horse racing. The book sounded more
like a biography of the Dumbar boys which is not at all what I was expecting.

For now however my rating will stay at 2 stars, some people seem to love
this one and others are on the same level as me with not getting it.

TTFN,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment