Sunday, May 26, 2019

Review: Dear Evan Hansen

Title: Dear Evan Hansen
Author: Val Emmich
Narrator: Mike Feist, Mallory Bechtel
Published On: 10/9/19
Audio Length: 8hr 8min
Rating: 4/5
Synopsis (Found on Goodreads):
Dear Evan Hansen,
Today's going to be an amazing day, and here's why....
When a letter that was never meant to be seen by anyone draws high school senior
Evan Hansen into a family's grief over the loss of their son, he is given the chance
of a lifetime: to belong.


After reading What If It's Us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera, as well as
listening to the Dear Evan Hansen soundtrack I knew I was going to need this book
in my life. The audio was fantastic and I highly recommend listening to it over reading it.
There is some pretty awesome bonus content with music.

Although Evan makes some poor choices I could honestly understand that his
intentions came from the best. The story is well paced and gives just enough “Idle”
information. I`m hoping one day to see the musical in order to compare it to everything
I`ve read and listened to.

I liked how at first Evan didn`t want to write about his day because he knew he was
only lying to himself about how it was going. The because of unforeseen causes writing
how he felt actually became a therapeutic method for not only himself but for others
struggling with reality as well.

TTFN,
Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment