Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Review: Strange Grace by Tessa Gratton

Strange Grace
Tessa Gratton
Narrator: Amy McFadden
Published On: 9/18/18
Page Count: 389
Audio Length: 10hr 53min
Rating: 3/5
Synopsis (Found on Goodreads):
Once, a witch made a pact with a devil. The legend says they loved each other,
but can the story be trusted at all? Find out in this lush, atmospheric fantasy novel
that entwines love, lies, and sacrifice.  
Long ago, a village made a bargain with the devil: To ensure their prosperity,
when the Slaughter Moon rises, the village must sacrifice a young man into
the depths of the Devil's Forest.
Here's my original Goodreads update:
Maybe the author just isn't for me. I tried to push to finish this before starting 2019
but it just dragged a bit. There are parts I truly enjoyed. Other parts just seemed to
be descriptive paragraph after paragraph. I did enjoy the narrator so I know that wasn't the cause.

Full review:
I appreciated this one for the most part but for long periods of the story it just seemed
to be drawn out. What appealed to me was the cult and sacrificial aspect. It reminded
me of Kim Liggett`s Blood and Salt as well as Dawn Kurtagich`s The Dead House.
(both books I highly recommend)The growth or progression the love triangle goes
through is an interesting one. Other than that I just listened to finish instead of listening
to enjoy unfortunately. I can honestly say that maybe Tessa as an author just isn`t for me.
I've tried two of her books and both just seem to fall flat for me sadly.

TTFN,
Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment