Sunday, May 19, 2019

Review: Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan

Title: Girls of Paper and Fire
Author: Natasha Ngan
Narrator: Allison Hiroto
Published On: 11/6/18
Page Count: 400
Audio Length: 14hr 23min
Rating: 2.5/5
Synopsis (Found on Goodreads):
Each year, eight beautiful girls are chosen as Paper Girls to serve the king. 
It's the highest honor they could hope for...and the most cruel.

But this year, there's a ninth girl. 
And instead of paper, she's made of fire.


This was not at all what I was expecting when I heard all the hype
surrounding this book. I did appreciate the trigger warning that the
narrator gave. This did get pretty graphic considering the audience
it is intended for. The F/F love interest was awesome so I can appreciate that.

Our Main character did feel little young for the sheltered life of knowledge
she had. She did however pick up experience and education with little effort.

As much as I would like to know what happens next I don't think I`ll be
finishing this one. The last 15% of the audio was pretty awesome but after
75% of the novel being about abuse, sexual desires and hidden lies that
were pointedly obvious I can't in good faith continue.

TTFN,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment