Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Review: The Gilded Wolves

Title: The Gilded Wolves
Author: Roshani Chokshi
Narrator: Lauri Winkel, P.J. Ochlan
Published On: 1/15/19
Audio Length: 11hr 55min
Rating:4.5/5 (Almost 5/5)
Synopsis (Found on Goodreads):
Paris, 1889: The world is on the cusp of industry and power, and the
Exposition Universelle has breathed new life into the streets and dredged up
ancient secrets. In this city, no one keeps tabs on secrets better than treasure-hunter
and wealthy hotelier Séverin Montagnet-Alarie.

This was such a fast fun read. I wish it wouldn't be compared to Six of Crows
though. That's where i see a lot of it not living up to that hype. The characters each
had flaws however there didn't seem to be a big push to have them grow. I think if
there had been more growth with the characters I would have given it five stars.
This is a plot driven novel and when the characters had these flaws (like all humans do)
and they made no effort to change their ways it became a tad frustrating. Every person
grows at their own pace so I do hope to see some more growth in the second book.
The novel is well paced and kept me interested. The narrators used accents which
added to the story and pictures in my head.

I`m looking forward to the next book and what grand adventures our characters
go on next.
TTFN,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment