Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Review: Call Down the Hawk

Title: Call Down the Hawk
Author:Maggie Stiefvater
Narrator: Will Patton
Audio Length:13hr 35min
Rating:4/5
Synopsis (Found on Goodreads):
Ronan Lynch is a dreamer. He can pull both curiosities and catastrophes
out of his dreams and into his compromised reality.

Jordan Hennessy is a thief. The closer she comes to the dream object she is after, the
more inextricably she becomes tied to it.

Carmen Farooq-Lane is a hunter. Her brother was a dreamer . . . and a killer.

Thoughts:
 I should really have finished the original Raven Boys series first before diving into this
but I just couldn't wait. Yes there are some spoilers but it's been so long since reading the
others that I wasn't too heartbroken.

Maggie`s writing style gets better every book she publishes. Ronan wasn't my favorite of
the Raven Boys but this novel made me like him a bit more. You get a little backstory of
Ronan act out the way he does.

Hennessy is an interesting character and I look forward to watching the storyline grow.
Carmen is the one character I need more information on to decide how much I like her. 

Overall this is a great start to a new series with some adored old characters as well as new.
The adventures and dreaming continues with a touch of magic.

TTFN,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment