Saturday, May 2, 2020

Review: The Scapegracers

Title: The Scapegracers
Author: Hannah Abigail Clarke
Page Count: 400
Rating: 2.5/5 (DNF at 75%)
Synopsis (Found on Goodreads):
An outcast teenage lesbian witch finds her coven hidden amongst the popular girls in
her school, and performs some seriously badass magic in the process.

I received an earc via Edelweiss+ this in no way changes my opinion of the book.

Thoughts:
The first 20% of the novel was fast paced and very witchy. Then everything slowed
way down and I was just bored. I felt like this was a cheaper version of The Craft
and Mean Girls. Outcast invited to hang out with the cool girl group only to learn that
her magic becomes more powerful.

I did keep reading but by 75% I was finding myself wanting to pick up anything else
but my kindle to finish. Normally I would have forced myself to push on but I couldn`t.
I was not invested in Sideways or any other character. 

Just because this novel wasn't for me doesn't mean you won`t enjoy it. It has
representation that YA books need and if you haven't seen The Craft or even
AHS Coven then maybe you won't notice the similarities. 

TTFN,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment