Saturday, June 13, 2020

Review: Ashlords

Title: Ashlords

Author: Scott Reintgen

Narrator: Rebecca Soler, Andrew Eiden, Lauren Fortgang, Neil Hellegers

Audio Length: 10hr 5min 

Rating: 1.5/5 (DNF @ 22%)

Synopsis (Found on Goodreads):

Every year since the Ashlords were gifted phoenix horses by their gods,

they've raced them. First into battle, then on great hunts, and finally for the pure

sport of seeing who rode the fastest. Centuries of blood and fire carved their

competition into a more modern spectacle: The Races.


Thoughts:

This is a prime example of judging a book by its cover and short synopsis.

I was excited about a YA book comparable to Scorpio Races. This felt so flat for

me that I couldn`t push through. No fault of the narrators since I've listened to other

books narrated by them.

Maybe I missed the hype train on this one and others will like it but it just wasn't for me.

Felt like very little character development even 20% in. I had no connection to the race

or racers. In fact the race itself didn't seem to matter. No one seemed to care what was

being raced, horses, bikes, birds who knew.


TTFN,

Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment