Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Review: House of Dragons

Title: House of Dragons

Author: Jessica Cluess

Page Count: 448

Rating:

Synopsis (Found on Goodreads):

When the Emperor dies, the five royal houses of Etrusia attend the Call, where one of

their own will be selected to compete for the throne. It is always the oldest child, the one

who has been preparing for years to compete in the Trial. But this year is different.


Thoughts:

The beginning was predictable but I do enjoy a good dragon book. This helped put me back

into a fantasy mood and out of my sci-fi kick. Each household has a weak point as well as a

strength, the biggest mistake is picking a favorite too early. Has a lot og Game of Thrones

vibes so my expectations of murder adn subterfuge was pretty high. I'm curious where book

two will lead us.


The stakes get higher in the second half of the book and some twists I didn't see coming.

Emelia is my favorite contender but Jessica writes a good villain in Hyperia. Ajax is the

most personable character and I look forward to seeing him change. Five POVs is

a lot to manage yet somehow this works for the linear story line.


Overall I recommend this if you`re wanting a little dragon in your life.


TTFN,

Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment