Thursday, June 25, 2020

Review: Sisters of Sword and Song

Title: Sisters of Sword and Song

Author: Rebecca Ross

Page Count: 432

Rating: 4/5

My review is based on an advanced copy received from Edelweiss, in no way does this affect my opinions.


Synopsis (Found on Goodreads):

After eight long years, Evadne will finally be reunited with her older sister, Halcyon, who has

been proudly serving in the queen’s army. But when Halcyon appears earlier than expected,

Eva knows something has gone terribly wrong. Halcyon is on the run, hunted by her

commander and charged with murder.


Thoughts:


A Standalone fantasy compared to three of my top reads made this hard to live up to.

I wish publishers would stop pitching books based on other authors' novels.


I was just discussing how YA Fantasy needs more family dynamics in a

healthy way.

I`m thankful this one has to do with Sisterhood. I have two incredible

“adopted” sisters in my life and even when we fight/ argue we always

have each others backs.Greece is one of the places I hope to visit in

2021 so I really enjoyed a book set in the location. I did enjoy this

more than Queen`s Rising. You can tell the author has grown in her

writing style and pacing.


Overall I enjoyed the book and look forward to what else Rebecca comes up with.


TTFN,

Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment