Saturday, June 20, 2020

Review: Court of Miracles

Title: Court of Miracles

Author: Kester Grant

Narrator: Ajjaz Awad , John Lee 

Page Count: 464pgs

Audio Length:10hr 5min

Rating: 4/5

Synopsis (Found on Goodreads):

In the violent urban jungle of an alternate 1828 Paris, the French Revolution has

failed and the city is divided between merciless royalty and nine underworld criminal

guilds, known as the Court of Miracles.


Thoughts:

The Court of Miracles is a mix of underground politics and choosing true family over

blood. I adored the setting of an alternate Paris if the revolution failed. My connection

with Nina was a slow build but I appreciated her passion. A hard part for me was the

timeline, it seemed only days had passed for some events but others time jumped

ahead a year. That part was the most difficult part to follow.

Overall the story line of a new revolution and destroying a corrupt society was right up my alley.


TTFN,

Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment