Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Review: North of Happy

Title: North of Happy
Author: Adi Alsaid
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Pages: 368
Synopsis: (from GoodReads)
Carlos Portillo has always led a privileged and sheltered life. A dual citizen of
Mexico and the US, he lives in Mexico City with his wealthy family, where
he attends an elite international school. Always a rule follower and a parent pleaser,
Carlos is more than happy to tread the well-worn path in front of him.
He has always loved food and cooking, but his parents see it as just a hobby.

Rating: 4/ 5

I liked this story and will definitely try some of those tasty recipes. It made me
want to spend more time with my friends and try new food. I graduated from
high school this past june and my first year at college ends this may and it has
been so crazy there has been times I’ve wanted to just get away. Thankfully my
horse curbs many of the getaway feelings, so I can stay focused on my edumacation.
Let's just say I reallly wanted to eat tacos when i was reading this book too.
I'm not sure quite how I feel about Carlos and Emma’s relationship, Felix’s
appearances were quite entertaining. I liked that Carlos was able to experience
working in a real kitchen. This book definitely is one for those trying to find their path.

~Michaela

No comments:

Post a Comment