Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Review: Beyond a Darkened Shore

Beyond a Darkened Shore
Author: Jessica Leake
Published On: 4/10/18
Page Count: 435
Rating: 4/5
Synopsis: (Found on Goodreads)
The ancient land of Éirinn is mired in war. Ciara, Princess of Mide, has 
never known a time when Éirinn’s kingdoms were not battling for power, or 
Northmen were not plundering their shores. 

Once I was able to sit down I really got into this one. I love how the story
combines the Old Gods in with the new ones. I was truly invested in the characters.
There was proper horse riding references which made me smile. There were also
flashbacks and an incredible fight scene within the first three chapters.

Ciara and Leif are thrust together even though they are warriors meant to kill one
another. Their forced friendship is a trope in itself, enemies to lovers… or at least
companions. Their relationship isnt forced which is nice and not overwhelming.
The book flows well and I look forward to Jessica`s next novel. I did read the Into
the White Wood which releases in 2019 might make reference to a few of the
characters in this novel . I do hope to get more of Ciara and Leif kicking ass in
later stories.

Overall a pretty decent story with Norse mythology intertwined. Once you get into
the story the pages fly by.

TTFN,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment