Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Review: Sea Witch

Sea Witch
Author: Sarah Henning
Published On: 7/31/18
Page Count: 368pgs
Rating: 3.5/5
Synopsis: (Found on Goodreads)
Everyone knows what happens in the end. A mermaid, a prince, 
a true love’s kiss. 
But before that young siren’s tale, there were three friends. One feared, one royal, 
and one already dead.

Ever since her best friend, Anna, drowned, Evie has been an outcast in her 
small fishing town. 
A freak. A curse. A witch. 


Mermaids and Sirens seem to be the theme this year. I did enjoy this twist on a
known story. I would say this is the prequel of Little Mermaid that I didn't know
I needed.

Some parts of the story seemed a bit slow while others were rushed. I would
rate higher is the speed/pacing was more even or had a build up and drop.  
I do enjoy a good villain story and Sea Witch does delivery with that.

Evie and NIk`s relationship is interesting because the reader is able to see the
obvious  while the characters themselves are blind. Ikir was a character I didn't
care for and though he did add a bit to the drama side of things he wasn't as
fleshed out as I'd hoped.

The focus of friendship and revenge is the primary storyline while mermaids and
magic are intertwined. Evie`s best friend drowned when they were younger and
now this mysterious girl arrives looking just like the deceased Anna. Annette is
an od girl and it doesn't take long for Evie and Her grandmother to realize what
she truly is. With old friendships rekindling and new ones forming how many
secrets can Evie keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment