Sunday, September 23, 2018

Review: The Dark Decent of Elizabeth Frankenstein

The Dark Decent of Elizabeth Frankenstein
Author: Kiersten White
Published On: 9/25/18
Page Count: 304
Rating: 3.5/5
Synopsis: (Found on Goodreads)
Elizabeth Lavenza hasn't had a proper meal in weeks. Her thin arms are 
covered with bruises from her "caregiver," and she is on the verge of being thrown 
into the streets . . . until she is brought to the home of Victor Frankenstein, an unsmiling, 
solitary boy who has everything--except a friend.

Happy 200th Anniversary Frankenstein

This is told from Elizabeth Lavenza`s point of view. A recount of Victor
Frankenstein` descent into madness.

First off Frankenstein and Dracula are my two favorite classics. White has
a way with the creepy books. I knew going I'd enjoy it just based on her writing style.

This did miss the mark for a bit. I had this feeling that I had read parts of it
before but cannot figure out from where. There were just some events that occured
that I was like “Oh behind that door this happens..” I think that is way I opted for a half
star rating that a full 4 stars.

I enjoyed Justine, Mary and Henry`s parts they played in Elizabeth`s story. She is
fierce and plotting when it comes to tracking down Victor. We all know the tale of
Frankenstein and the creation of his monster but what we don't get to know is the
younger Victor. Elizabeth is brought to be friends with Victor since he has a harder
time relating to others his age.  He is fierce and passionate in a creepy way and
Elizabeth is able to control Victor by using a calming voice and slow movements.

TTFN,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment