Friday, September 21, 2018

Review: Muse of Nightmares

Muse of Nightmares
Author: Laini Taylor
Published On: 10/2/18
Page Count: 528
Rating: 5/5
Synopsis: (Found on Goodreads)
In the wake of tragedy, neither Lazlo nor Sarai are who they were before. 
One a god, the other a ghost, they struggle to grasp the new boundaries of their selves 
as dark-minded Minya holds them hostage, intent on vengeance against Weep.


SO MANY SPOILERS AHEAD SO PREPARE FOR GUSHING

Two stories intertwined into one absolutely stunning novel. We get to see some
more of Lazlo and Sarai`s relationship grow even with her accident from book one.
The fact her sister was able to catch her soul/spirit was great but now that she can
control Sarai she has begun to waver on total madness.

Muse doesn`t have as many crazy fight scenes or “Action” as Strange. I do think this
one is my favorite out of the two though. This is a duology so growing too attached to
characters is not recommended. I did not follow that advice. Finishing the book was
bittersweet. It is one I will be rereading for sure.

If you loved book one I can promise you book two will deliver a story that fills you
with raw emotion. Weep will forever share a place in my heart. Prior to going to book
expo this last May I started on a tattoo that blended a few of my favorite novels. I
knew I wanted to get something that reminded me not just of Muse but of all of
Laini`s books. I opted to get a Lunar Moth.  

TTFN,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment