Sunday, September 9, 2018

Review: Escaping from Houdini

Title: Escaping from Houdini
Author:Kerri Maniscalco
Publisher: Jimmy Patterson Books
Pages:416
Synopsis:(from GoodReads)
Audrey Rose Wadsworth and her partner-in-crime-investigation, Thomas Cresswell,
are en route to New York to help solve another blood-soaked mystery. Embarking
on a week-long voyage across the Atlantic on the opulent RMS Etruria, they’re delighted
to discover a traveling troupe of circus performers, fortune tellers, and a certain
charismatic young escape artist entertaining the first-class passengers nightly.

5/5 Stars.  

Oh my goodness, this was one of my most wanted reads for 2018 and it did
not disappoint. Audrey Rose and Thomas are probably one of my favorite fictional couples
out there. I devoured this book! (like I did with Stalking Jack the Ripper and Hunting Prince
Dracula) I’m very fond of Audrey Rose as she is determined to make a name for herself in a
career that is looked down upon for a woman in her day in age. Cresswell keeps going back
and forth on my favorite character’s list. I also enjoyed that we’ve gotten to see more of
Cousin Liza in book 2 and 3. I DO NOT LIKE MEPHISTOPHELES. I know his character played
well into this storyline, but he got between Thomas and Audrey. Now Houdini on the other
hand, I found quite the perfect character for the role he played. The ending has
currently left me devastated in the status of #Cressworth. So I will definitely have to
compare my ARC to finished copy. I also love the historical events that Kerri has been
able to turn into page-turning reads.
I look forward to what tale happens in New York City during the fourth installment of
the Stalking Jack  the Ripper series! I’m also incredibly grateful to have gotten to meet Kerri
at BEA this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment