Thursday, June 21, 2018

Discussion Post: Binge Reading Series

Have you ever started a series, duology or trilogy? Either picked something else
up in the middle or finished an entire series in a week? I have done both, many
many times and lately I’ve been hooked on finishing series, duologies and trilogies.
From the day I started reading, series have been something I’m drawn to, and have
read quite a few in my years of reading. The most recent being The Falling Kingdoms
series by Morgan Rhodes, I met Morgan at a book signing I had gone to for another
author and picked her books up soon after. Let’s just say I was devastated when
Ashley didn’t have book 5. Now that I’ve finished books 5 and 6, I am truly hoping
parts of the story continue into more books. Most of my reads this year have been
either stand alones, duos or trilogies, it depends majorly on the story whether I eat
up the book(s) or do I put off reading the rest because the story doesn’t leave me
wanting more right away. Now my sisters and I often all read the same series, duos
or trilogies, and sometimes it’s a race to finish whatever we are currently reading in
order to read the next one if we have it. It is all in great fun as we all love being able
to discuss books together, what characters we like or don’t like, favorite parts, etc.


I really enjoy series over stand-alones, one because it gives me more to read and
two because I like being able to see how stories turn out, if the good or bad
win, and if there’s any romances. A benefit to binge reading is not having to wait a
full year or more in order to read the next book. More times than not we’ve ordered
the UK copy of a book so we can read it sooner.

~Michaela

No comments:

Post a Comment