Sunday, June 24, 2018

Review: Three Dark Crowns

Three Dark Crowns
Kendare Blake
398pgs
9/20/16
Book One
4/5 Stars
The first eight chapters are slow and drawn out a little too much. That is the

only thing preventing this from being a five star read. It took a bit of time to get through
that portion but once I did the action was fantastic. Overall I wish I didn't wait so long to
read this.

The character development for the sisters is interesting. Each sister got equal

play time and I did like how it jumped between all of them. The side characters got a
story of their own intertwined with the main girls. I am hoping book two gives more side
character story as well as the main who will be queen story.

Each girl has a power or ability related to an element group of sorts. Poison, Animals

and Elements. I was totalling rooting for Arsinoe since the idea of communicating and
using animals to help others is such a great idea. I also really like the idea of being able to
survive poisons. Not that in this day and age one needs a poison tester for royalty.  

~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment