Sunday, June 10, 2018

Review: Reign of the Fallen

Reign of the Fallen
Sarah Glenn Marsh
Pages: 375
Publisher: Razorbill
Published: 1/23/18
Rating: 4.5/5

Odessa is a necromancer, the favourite of the king who has ruled Karthia for
centuries. After the death of one of her own as well as missing dead
royals it is up to her to figure out who is behind the events.Shades are
the dead who have been risen. They must cover themselves in cloth
so the living cant see their skin. If they are seen they instantly turn into
blood-thirsty monsters.

Odessa is a complicated character and struggles to find where she
fits in a world that doesn't want to grow.  This was one of my most anticipated
January releases and it did not fail. The Bisexual rep in the novel was well done.
I didn`t feel like it was exaggerated at all. The emotions Odessa go through are so
raw that it was hard not to hurt when she was breaking down.

I also really enjoyed the entire concept of people getting their abilities
based on eye color. Knowing that I could walk through worlds into the dead
lands just because I have blue eyes is awesome. I had to do some research
and found what each eye color power was so that was an interesting take on abilities.

Overall I enjoyed this fast paced, well laid out novel and I`m so excited to see
if we get more of Odessa (there is a goodreads link to a book two but no
information has been added)

~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment