Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Book Expo 2018 Wrap-Up

To say I was excited for BEA is an understatement, but I was also nervous. BEA was
100% new experience for me all the way around. I flew for the first time, was in New York
for the first time and it was the first time I was around so many authors and people who
enjoy books as much as I do.
Heading in to BEA I was extremely excited to meet some author’s in particular, Katherine
Locke, Mackenzi Lee, Kendare Blake, Laini Taylor and Leigh Bardugo just to name a few.
Fortunately I was able to meet all of the above and many more except for Leigh Bardugo.  
Day One of BEA was more of a relaxed day for us figuring out the layout and finding
locations for booths the next day and I got to meet some fellow bookstagrammers that
Ashley had met during her previous years at expo. The first author I got to meet was
Kendare Blake for her book Three Dark Crowns, which the 3 of us cosplayed the sisters
for halloween last year.

Friday on the other hand was a bit overwhelming, we had a lot of places to be throughout the
day and I had two authors I was dying to meet. Katherine Locke and Mackenzi Lee. I was
able to meet Katherine first and get a copy of The Spy with the Red Balloon and talk horse
with her for a little while. Later in the day I was able to meet Mackenzi Lee and give her our
copy of Gentlemen’s Guide that I defaced. So nerve wracking, but she loved it! While waiting
for her, Ashley and I also got to meet Stephanie Garber.
When we were not at expo we explored NYC and had some great food, went to a broadway
show; which was fantastic, as well as adventure Central Park a little bit. The entire trip was a
blast but my favorite part was meeting so many authors whose books I have loved. I can’t
wait to tackle our haul from Expo and share my thoughts on them with all of you.
I cannot wait for Expo next year and the memories and books it will bring.


~Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment