Monday, June 11, 2018

Book Expo 2018 Wrap-Up: Michaela

The journey to Book Expo was an adventure involving my first plane ride,
my first major trip (meaning leaving the comfort of my mountains) and
experiencing the city life. I was extremely nervous and excited for this
adventure as Ashley has always brought home wonderful stories from
BEA and I am glad I was able to be a part of it this year. Thankfully we
started making our plans way in advance which helped avoid any chaos
for Kenz and I’s first trip to the big city.


So we started this adventure by exploring many sweet treat places after we picked up our BEA badges (which was very surreal) , all the treats were delish, then we prepared to the early morning of BEA Day 1, after we got
to the convention center we started it off right like any bookish girls we got Butterbeer frappes and then we were off, Kenz and I headed over to signings to wait for Kendare Blake, the first author for our day. It was so cool to meet her since the three of us cosplayed as the three queens for
Halloween last year and we all loved the books. I also met Natalie C. Parker who was also at her first BEA with Seafire, I look forward to that read! I also picked up Grace and Fury by Tracy Banghart and Light Years by Kass Morgan
via galley drops and look forward to reading those too.


Friday was the big day! Our busiest day that's for sure. We all had 3 authors we
wanted to see (it was rock, paper, scissors for who was seeing who). That list
contained Laini Taylor, Kerri Maniscalco and Katherine Locke. I went to Kerri
Maniscalco with Escaping from Houdini, I absolutely ate up Stalking Jack the
Ripper and Hunting Prince Dracula and thoroughly enjoyed them and #Cressworth.
Ash went to the lovely Laini Taylor for Muse of Nightmares, I still got to meet
Laini though on the floor of BEA which was a hoot! Kenz met Katherine Locke,
so each was a win win. I also met A.C. Gaughen for book two of Reign the Earth
(Imprison the Sky), I read Reign the Earth in like three days. I also met Courtney
Summers for her book Sadie, I haven’t read anything by her yet but look forward
to it. I managed to get a copy of The Bird and the Blade by Megan Bannen
thanks to Owlcrate and some lovely ladies trading with me.

Overall BEA was incredible, granted I still am not a fan of large groups of people
but I survived, I met some fellow book lovers and picked up a few of my anticipated
reads for the year. Cannot wait to see what 2019 BEA brings.

Michaela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment